Panasonic unveils new FZ950 and FZ800 4K OLED TVs
Panasonic has announced the FZ950 and FZ800 4K OLED TV series, which are direct successors to the 2017 EZ1000 and EZ950. As reported by HDTVtest, both series are available in two screen sizes: 55 and 65 inches.
Apparently, the FZ950 and FZ800 will continue to use the same OLED panel as their predecessors and will come with an updated Studio Color HCX processor, though there’s no support for 3D or HDMI 2.1. However, they do sport certain noteworthy upgrades, such as:
- HDR10+ dynamic metadata support: Not surprisingly, since Panasonic Corp. is a founding member of the group
- Dynamic look-up table that analyses incoming video signal, and deploy the appropriate LUT
- New calibration controls near black: 5% and 2.5% luminance levels (supported by CalMAN’s auto-calibration feature)
- Absolute Black Filter to soak up ambient light and cut down reflections on the FZ800
- Updated 80W Dynamic Blade Speaker on the FZ950
The new Panasonic FZ950 and FZ800 4K OLED TVs are expected to ship this Spring. We’ll keep you updated once we hear more from Panasonic Singapore regarding the TVs' local pricing and availability.