BlizzCon 2019: Overwatch 2 confirmed, will have PvE, new heroes and more!
BlizzCon 2019: Overwatch 2 confirmed to have PvE, new heroes and more!
It's only been a few hours into BlizzCon 2019, and we've already got more surprises than we know what to do with! From addressing the dark, gory RPG that is Diablo IV, to consummating Hearthstone's first-ever trilogy with the Descent of Dragons expansion, it looks like we've really got our work cut out for us here at the office, so stay tuned!
The blockbuster announcement that is Overwatch 2 certainly isn't doing our workload any favours, either. Although the game was supposedly leaked by dataminers prior to BlizzCon, it's good that we've gotten some concrete confirmation as insurance. So, without further ado, here's what we know about the sequel!
- There will be "extremely replayable co-op PvE content"
- All 31+ characters will receive an aesthetic facelift and wardrobe change
- Sojourn and Echo have been confirmed as playable characters and will be added to the Hero roster, although they won't be the only new additions
- OW2 will feature a level-up system for each character, unlocking new abilities or expanding on their existing ones, although whether this will remain PvE-exclusive remains to be seen
- The Multiplayer game, which includes characters, maps and modes across both the original Overwatch and Overwatch 2 will be shared and interlinked. Cosmetics from the original will also carry over to OW2.
- Introduction of a new competitive PvP mode called Push. It involves escorting a giant robot that pushes various objective blocks around - exact mechanics have yet to be confirmed.
Of course, what would a BlizzCon opening presentation be without a cinematic? In fact, there are TWO for Overwatch 2 - one for lore and one for gameplay respectively. Have a look!
Well, that's all we've got for now, but be sure to check back later - we'll have more details after the developer panel goes live later today.