Trend Micro Launches Latest Security Solution for PCs, Tablets and Smartphones
Trend Micro continues to fight the good fight against cybercrime, malware and hackers as they officially launched the Titanium 2013 family of security software yesterday. The new security software promises “Protection Made Easy” to consumers as it is filled to the brim with state-of-the-art protection that keeps cyber threats for devices, important files and data and privacy at bay.
"Consumers are spending most of their time checking email, surfing the web and using social networks to stay connected with family and friends. Privacy is also a major concern as cybercriminals are scoping out the privacy of our online identities in new and more interesting ways. It is imperative for consumers in Malaysia to stay vigilant and protected with the right tools that can work easily and seamlessly across devices and platforms for complete protection,” said Terrence Tang, Regional Director & Consumer Business, Trend Micro.
Here are some of the new highlights and main features of the Trend Micro Titanium 2013 Cloud Edition:
- Social Networking Security – Titanium's new Facebook Privacy Scanner for Windows provides an extra layer of protection for personal information that is the only of its kind in the industry. With just a single click, users can easily monitor their Facebook page settings, identify which settings may lead to privacy concerns and control access to personal and private information. This new feature doesn't just work with Facebook only as it also identifies potentially malicious links on Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Users can also help their friends by sharing this information.
- Enhanced Parental Control – Designed for parents who want a peace of mind when their children are using the computer. This set of enhanced Parental Control gives parents the ability to manage specific programs that their children can access at certain times. The new Trend Micro Online Guardian parental control software also allows parents to monitor their kids' social networking activities and online content.
- Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition – Trend Micro's flagship mobile product comes with a new Privacy and Threat Scanner which warns users of apps that access and upload private data. These features use the Trend Micro Mobile App Reputation System, a cloud based system that monitors 650,000+ apps for mobile malware, apps that upload private data, and battery-hogging apps. It also includes Lost-Device Protection that allow users to find, lock and erase data on a missing device.
- Trend Micro Direct Pass – Most of us have multiple accounts to multiple websites, this makes it easy for those who have multiple passwords and login Ids as it consolidates them into one secure location so users only need to remember one password.
- Trend Micro SafeSync – This is a secure online storage vault that keeps up to 5GB of important documents, pictures and videos backed up in the cloud
- Trend Micro Vault – With this feature, users will not only be able to store important documents but also remotely lock it if the computer is stolen
- Windows 8 Optimization – For users who have upgraded to Microsoft's latest Windows 8 operating system, have no fear as the new Titanium 2013 is fully compatible with Windows 8.
- Protection for Mac – While Mac has always been known to not have the same vulnerabilities as Windows devices, we are now seeing a rise in attempts to break through its security. So to keep Mac users safe, the new Titanium 2013 provides them with comprehensive security including protection against spam, viruses, malware, parental controls and protection on social networking sites.
“Trend Micro is constantly looking at new and innovative ways to take complex jobs and make them easy for consumers. The latest range of Titanium security software provides complete protection for consumers in all aspects of their digital lives,” said Andrew Tan, Product Marketing Manager (Consumer), Southeast Asia, Trend Micro.
So for those who seek a new and robust security software, the Trend Micro Titanium 2013 Cloud Edition is out now and is priced at RM109 for one device or RM159 for three devices.
For more stories on Trend Micro, please follow us here.