TomTom Launches Runner and Multi-Sport GPS Watches
TomTom has launched a new range of GPS watches.
Delivering performance data for runners, cyclists, and swimmers, the ultra-slim TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport GPS sport watches boast an extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools, and a convenient one-button control to make it easier to users to access information needed to stay motivated and achieve their goals.
The new watches feature TomTom's Graphical Training Partner, allowing users to view their real-time performance at a glance, with three graphical training modes:-
· Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
· Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
· Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
The intuitive One-Button Control is not only easy to operate while on the move, it can also be easily controlled in any kind of weather, or while wearing gloves. It lets users navigate up, down, left, right, through menus to access key stats and watch features.
The GPS watches also include Indoor Tracker, which accurately tracks indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, and QuickGPSFix, which uses GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find the user's precise location, just to name a few. With compatibility across platforms, it enables you to sync, analyze, and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms such as MapMyFitness and RunKeeper, among others.
Waterproof up to a depth of 50 meters, the watches offer up to 10 hours of battery life while on GPS mode, with the TomTom Multi-Sport enhanced with the following features/options:-
· Dedicated Bike Mount: Easily see key stats at a glance with the specially-designed bike mount
· Cadence Sensor: Track cadence, speed and distance, indoors and out.
· Built-in Altimeter: Accurately track elevation, ascent, descent and grade with the built-in barometric altimeter
· Swimming Motion Sensor: Check detailed swim metrics such as laps, strokes, time and speed, and calculate a SWOLF score to show swim efficiency.