Razer Comms to Connect Gamers Worldwide
Razer has announced the open beta release of Razer Comms, an all-in-one communications solution for gamers.
Applying feedback gleaned from a community-based closed beta program, Razer Comms now combines VoIP client, instant messaging and IRC-chat features, allowing gamers the world over to connect with one service, free of charge. It also features an in-game overlay and seamlessly integrates with PC games, providing for uninterrupted gameplay while at the same time typing or talking with friends.
Razer Comms uses complex audio algorithms and an ultra-fast server infrastructure to deliver precise, crisp and clear communication with no timeouts or lag spikes, and it features advanced noise reduction and echo cancelation, a boon to millions of PC gamers worldwide.
- Crystal clear VoIP Comms
- In-game UI overlay displaying chat and incoming VoIP
- Channels easily created and managed for real-time discussions
- Push-to-Talk functionality for fast and effective communication
- Game Launcher for quick game access at startup
- Server-based infrastructure prevents exposure of personal IP address
- 1.7GHz Processor,
- 512MB Ram,
- DirectX 9 level Graphics card,
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Internet Connection
Razer Comms originated as an internal project built on the spare “10 percent passion time” of a couple of engineers. After receiving many fan requests to make it widely available, Razer Comms has now become a fully supported project with a designated team working on it.
For more information on Razer’s latest free-to-download software, including how to submit ideas, click here.