Opera Urges Users to Try the New 11.60 Browser
Oslo, Norway – Opera Software has just unleashed the new Opera 11.60 web browser in time for the coming Christmas season.
Due to the fact that almost 50 percent of the world’s population has never tried a new browser, Opera also urges users to help their friends and family discover this new offering.
“It’s better to give than to receive, so why not give that special someone a new browser,” said Jan Standal, VP of desktop products at Opera Software. “People spend more time working with their browser than they do with their car, so it makes sense to shop around and consider their options. If your best friend drove a Yugo, you’d help them find something else, right?”
Using yet another clever car analogy, Standal continues: “If we were a car, this browser would be an extremely potent, yet comfortable, four-by-four. Sleek and stylish, and with no CO2 emissions whatsoever. Your neighbors will envy you.”
Some of the new features that users will be able to look forward to are:
- A new “Star” button for adding favorites
- A light Opera email client
- HTML5 parsing algorithm that unify code discrepancies among browsers
- New network coding for faster surfing on SSL secure pages
In addition to these new features, Opera have more reasons why you should make the switch:
- You clean everything to prepare for the holiday, why not your computer?
- No assembly required; it’s all in the download package.
- It is free, a deal year-round, rather than a Black Friday doorbuster.
- Unlike socks, this fits everyone.
- We tried not to say it, so we misspelled it: IT’S FSAT.
- Justin Bieber doesn’t use it. Source.
- It’s supported by science since version 10 (at least). Video.
- Your kids won’t wake you up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning; they’ll be too busy with the browser.
- See #6.
- Your current browser is so fat it can’t slide down the chimney.