Hitachi Data Systems Reveals IT Predictions in Malaysia
Hu Yoshida, Chief Technology Officer, Vice President, Hitachi Data Systems recently revealed his predictions of the top 10 industry trends for 2013, which includes:
- Dramatic Changes OPEX and CAPEX
- New Consumption Modes
- Managing the Explosion of Data Replication
- The Emergence of enterprise Flash Controllers
- New Requirements for Entry Enterprise Storage Systems
- The Need for Object-Based File Systems
- Accelerating Use of Content Platforms for Data Archives and Data Sharing
- hardware Assist Controllers to Satisfy Increasingly Complex Workloads
- Creating a Secure Platform for the Adoption of Mobile Devices
- More Tightly Integrated Converged Solutions
Of Yoshida's 10 IT industry trends predictions, Wee Kai Teck, Managing Director, Hitachi Data System shared his views on four likely predictions that will happen in Malaysia.
Wee Kai Teck's first prediction includes the increasing need to manage the explosion of data replication, which are caused by business needs to constantly create backups of their data. Besides that, there would also be some new requirements for entry enterprise storage system as the gap between enterprise and midrange storage architectures continues to blur.
The following predictions include the accelerating used of content platforms for data sharing and archiving. Wee says that in 2013, the use of content platforms for data archives and data sharing will accelerate as users try to correlate information from different applications. His final prediction is the introduction of more tightly integrated converged solutions because we would see a growing acceptance of unified compute platforms for medium-sized and large enterprises in Malaysia.
For more information about Hitachi, please follow us here.