Apple and Google Introduce All-New YouTube App for iOS
For all you iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users out there who also can't get enough of your favorite web series on YouTube, we have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that Apple has decided to remove the pre-installed YouTube app from the latest iOS 6. As for the good news though, Google has released a new and improved standalone app, which you can download from the Apple App Store today.
This new app was designed by YouTube engineers, to give the iPhone and iPod touch users the best mobile experience possible. The app can also be used for the iPad and the team is hard at work building a made-for-iPad experience in the coming months.
Below are the details on what makes this app superior to the previous one:
- Tens of thousands more videos – Users can now watch official music videos from their favorite singers and bands.
- New YouTube channel guide – Users can now easily swipe their finger from the left edge of the screen to reveal a guide with their favorite channels on YouTube thus giving them instant access to everything from Astro Gempak to YOMYOMF.
- Find awesome videos faster – The new app features an all new search tools that provides users with suggestions as they type so that they can spend less time typing but more time watching. Now, you don't have to interrupt viewing a video as the updated user-interface allows you to flip through related videos, comments and more info while watching a video.
- More ways to share with people you love – The best thing about YouTube is sharing it to family and friends so if you have found an incredible video, you can now share it to Google+, Facebook or text message in the app, as well as from Twitter and email.
- Catered to the masses – For Malaysian users who prefer to read in our national language, the app also supports Bahasa Malaysia.
For more stories on YouTube, please follow us here.