Adobe Releases Photoshop Touch for phone App
Adobe Systems Incorporated has announced the immediate availability of a new version of Adobe Photoshop Touch, optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android smartphones. The phone app brings core features of Photoshop desktop software to mobile devices and offer similar, touch-based gestures and features as the Photoshop Touch for tablets.
New capabilities include:-
- Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud with free 2GB of storage
Integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud with access to 2GB of Creative Cloud storage with a free account, users can sync photos and projects to Creative Cloud, and then continue working with the files from a tablet (separate purchase of Photoshop Touch for tablet) or Photoshop desktop software (Photoshop CS5.1 or higher). Creative Cloud is a radical rethinking of the entire creative process and an industry-defining shift in creative expression and inspiration, where members can explore, create, publish and share their work across devices, the desktop and the Web.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone is immediately available in the Apple App Store and Google Play for US$4.99.
For iOS devices, the app requires iOS 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation; Android phones must run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.