WD Ships Scorpio Blue 7mm Hard Drive
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Western Digital has announced the availability of the WD Scorpio Blue 7mm hard drive, providing best-in-class 400Gs shock tolerance in a small form factor that's compatible with industry-standard 0.5,, slots. Offering the lowest power consumption in a 2.5-inch drive today, the new single-platter WD Scorpio Blue is ideal for mainstream notebooks as well as slimmer notebook and Ultrabook devices.
“Consumers want thin and light personal computers, but the limited storage capacity of SSD-based notebooks forces them to pick and choose what files to bring from their library. With the release of the new WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm mobile hard drives, WD is able to offer capacity, reliability and data-protection features combined with excellent power management all in a slim form factor perfect for thin and light notebooks,” said Matt Rutledge, Vice President and General Manager for WD Client Storage Products.
Features of the WD Scorpio Blue include:
- Low Power Consumption – Optimizes the way the drive seeks data for improved power consumption.
- Shock Tolerance – ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Cool and Quiet – WD's exclusive WhisperDrive technology enables quiet performance.
- Reliable – SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off to improve long term reliability.
- Compatibility – Tested on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in WD's FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab.
The WD Scorpio Blue 7mm hard drives are covered by a two-year limited warranty. They are available in 500GB and 320GB capacities for a recommended retail price of RM 309.99 and RM249.99 respectively.